- Your baseline allowance corresponds with the lowest rate per kWh. Electricity rates rise progressively as your electricity use reaches the second and third tiers. They also differ slightly from winter to summer.
- In late 2013, California passed a law – Assembly Bill (AB) 327.
- The California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) recently voted to approve a new electric rate structure that will be phased in over the next few years scheduled for completion in 2019.
- Average Electric Rates in San Diego are now 25c/kWh. Average Solar Cost is now 16c/kWh, owned (NOT leased), no money down. You do the math then let us know when you are ready to stop being screwed over by Big Energy.
- September 2015: Consolidation from 4 tiers to 3 tiers
- Spring 2016: Consolidation from 3 tiers to 2 tiers
- 2017: 2 tiers + “Super User” electric surcharge
- 2019: Time-of-Use Rates
What’s A Super User?
- Term used for people who quadruple the energy usage
- Started this year 2017
- Will be 25% above tier 2
- Small commercial
Podsafe music by Tiero at AudioJungle.net